Please wait (up to a minute) while we process your order.
We made it! Thirty days of clean eating under our belts. No gluten, no alcohol, no dairy, no refined sugar, limited fruit, and limited caffeine. And, after all that, the bad days and the good days, I can honestly say that I feel REALLY REALLY good. Not only does my physical body feel good but my mind is more focused and settling into a happier, calmer place.
- I lost 9lbs, my face and upper body is where I see it the most.
- Energy is up. I have so much more energy. Even with the lack of sleep from a toddler, my energy throughout the entire day is lasting longer and is more focused. I feel very task oriented right now, following through on things I have been wanting to get done, and making time to take care of my body and mind.
- While I don't suffer from problem skin, I definitely notice a "glowyness" to my face. In a way, the skin looks tighter and firmer.
- The whites of my eyes are much whiter than before.
- Feelings of stress and anxiety have reduced.
I will slowly start to integrate things back into my diet, but do plan on trying to incorporate more of the above into our daily eating habits. Of course, I still want to enjoy a great restaurant and make a yummy pasta dish every once in awhile, but this cleanse has really helped me reset my relationship with food and the importance of curbing things like sugar and caffeine in our daily life.
THINGS THAT HELPED ME GET THROUGH THE CLEANSE:
1) Meal prep. I can't stress this enough. It is important to have things ready on hand so that you don't break the cleanse just because you are ravenous. This takes time and you will have to set aside a block to prepare and prep food.
2) Meal Delivery Service. It was such a huge help to have Kore Kitchen deliver a few meals a week. All of their offerings follow the guidelines of the cleanse. Especially if you are someone that doesn't have the time to prep, or just isn't that interested in doing that part, having some meals delivered (even if it just 2 days a week), will make a big difference.
3) Working Out. Every day, I walked 2 miles and started doing yoga once a week as well. Getting back into the routine of working out has increased my desire to continue and seek out other ways to work out as well.
4) Meditation. Although I didn't manage to meditate every day, I did start to bring it into my weekly routines and found it gave me an additional energy boost.
5) Having your partner cleanse with you. If you live with someone, I strongly urge you to cleanse together! It will make all the difference and will offer a support system for you when you have the urge to cheat!
6) Getting outside more. As a family, we started going on more walks around the neighborhood in the evenings. It feels good and is calming to just get outside.
Honestly, the first two weeks are the hardest, but once you get past that, you will be good to go! You can do it!