Please wait (up to a minute) while we process your order.
As you all probably know by now, I love easy entertaining. Sharing a delicious homemade meal with friends is one of my favorite things. I like to focus on a beautiful and simple aesthetic with the idea of effortless entertaining always at the forefront of my mind. It’s so important to be able to enjoy the event so I always encourage people to prepare ahead of time and keep all aspects of the party manageable so that you can be fully present with your guests.
This past fall, I was thrilled to have the opportunity to travel to Charleston, SC and host an authentic low-country boil at the Traditional Home Southern Style Now Showhouse. I was able to explore the town the day before the party, gathering fresh ingredients and inspiration. It was also such a treat for me to be able to prep and cook in their kitchen which was furnished with all the latest from Thermador -a real dream for any chef!
We decided to throw the party on the piazza with guests enjoying cocktails and mingling before an intimate sit-down dinner. The tablescape was made up of simple green and white florals with touches of berries and moss, blue and white enamelware dishes, striped linens, and lots of candlelight. The menu included mint juleps, homemade cornbread, a garden salad, a low country boil, and a warm peach cobbler. It was a delicious evening filled with lots of laughter and wonderful conversation with new friends.
Cooking in the Southern Style Now Showhouse kitchen in Charleston inspired me to learn more about Thermador and their offerings as I will soon be embarking on my own kitchen renovation. So, I headed to the Thermador Experience & Design Center to see the breadth of their offerings and get advice from their design specialist Juanita Galliford. All of my questions were answered, and I learned so much about all that Thermador has to offer! You can see everything in action on Traditional Home’s Facebook Page here.
For all of you who love creating exceptional events, here are a few takeaway tips for easy entertaining:
1) Plan your menu ahead of time, gather all ingredients the day before, and prep as much as possible early in the day so you aren’t feeling rushed.
2) Create a one-pot dish like a low country boil.
3) Design your kitchen with entertaining in mind. Picking the right appliances really makes all the difference when cooking and entertaining. I love the Thermador 24” Built-In Wine Preservation Column, which allows up to three temperature zones for different wines. The 24” Professional Stainless Glass Care Center means I don’t have to worry about handwashing wineglasses and barware, and finally - for a busy mom, the Liberty Induction Range with the glass top makes clean-up so easy.
4) Simple candles and florals add a nice intimate touch for the tablescape.
5) Remember to enjoy yourself! Chat with your guests, relax, and enjoy the fruits of your labor!